• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi everyone

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Hi!

My name is Rasmus, i'm from denmark and last year i got back into the aquarium hobby.
I started last year with a boroughed tank from my wifes kindergarden. -Got rid of the goldfish and said to myself i wanted to take a shot at keeping apistos. Something i have always wanted.
First i got a pair of Trifasciata, but the male sadly died after a couple of months, so i sold the female, because i couldn't get hold of a new male from any of my nearby fish stores. Instead i got a pair of A. Macmasteri Type II. I found out that the type II wasn't a wildform (-yes, i'm still pretty new to all these fish :) ), and thought that's not what i want, so i sold them and finally ended up with A. Baenschi, which as far as i know is not any form of cultivated colorform and which i am very happy about.
The couple is breeding and i got the remains (5-6 fry)of the second batch in my 54 liters along with the parents.
I now have 2 tanks. 1 110 liters and a 54 liter with A. Baenschi in both of them.

Looking forward to pick your brains here, since i'm still green as a pea regarding holding Apistogrammmas.

Wow! long story, just to say hi.....

-r

rasmusW

5 Year Member
thank a lot!

ye! -the gold fish returned happily to a store to live it's last days in a outdoor pond..

-r

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….