• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with sexing and bonus video

mrjbacon

5 Year Member
Just got two pairs of Apistogramma rositae (sp. "Harlekin") from Wet Spot last week and I'm having trouble sexing one of the pairs. Not sure if I have two females, two sub-dominant males duking it out for supremacy, or if it's split and they just aren't old enough. They are ~4cm long at the moment, and I can only seem to get pictures of one of them:

o4JfPrg.jpg

DsR8cGD.jpg

kgPszzE.jpg

This one in the stills chases the other slightly smaller one around the tank whenever it sees it. Keeping an eye out for violence but nothing drastic yet.

Here's a video of the other pair, pretty obvious about the sexing of these ones:

The man in brown dropped them all off last Thursday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….