• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with blog? Sources?

Hudson Ensz

5 Year Member
I have a blog (passionate4pikes.wordpress. com) but have encountered problems. Recently I wrote (tried to write lol) a post about cf. pulchra but could not find a good source on the internet! I have run into similar problems with other species. I write the profiles but I know deep down I am getting some facts wrong. I was wondering if any apisto fanatics wanted to be a guest blogger? Contact me if you do.
So my question is this, is their anywhere i can find good information about brazilian apistos?
Thank you.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The best sources are not on the internet, but in books and articles. Both (if any good) are more likely to be edited and reviewed for accuracy. Anyone can write anything on the internet. As for the "A. cf. pulchra", I didn't use it as a species name, but as an indication that the photos didn't show enough to put a precise name on the fish. It looks somewhat like A. puchra, but not exactly like the species. It might eventually turn out that, with maturity, the male will develop a more spade/lance shaped caudal fin. Then it would be an agassizii-complex form. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it did. My suggestion is to get some good books, as recommended on this forum and continue to ask questions.

Hudson Ensz

5 Year Member
Thanks afra, i love that site!
Mike Wise. This is exactly the trap I am falling into, I dont know enough about the species I write, I will say in my opinion it is not developing the spade tail, but again I am no expert, just a kid in the amazon with a few tanks! I am trying to get cichlid atlas I but its so darn hard to find! they didnt have it on amazon and if they had it in ebay it was too much. I am looking at some atlasses on fish in general but I know the information on lesser known apistos will be vague at best.
When you say that anyone can write anything on the internet, I realize that i can very easily be the spreader of misinformation.:confused:
Hudson

jose_vogel

5 Year Member
Mike, you wrote about a subject that worries me, I don´t know where to find the articles you mentioned and, of course I couldn´t manage to know about the Apisto´s news.

There´s no problem with the books.

Could you give me a clue?

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
books

:)I would sell my personally autographed English copies-they both have a paragraph in them in his handwriting, for 5 thousand million dinars , or 20,000,000,000 zlotys.

peterK

5 Year Member
It seems I've deleted my message, Sorry.
Anyways, I'm affraid that price of re-sold German copy wouldn't cover the new one:biggrin:

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
:)I would sell my personally autographed English copies-they both have a paragraph in them in his handwriting, for 5 thousand million dinars , or 20,000,000,000 zlotys.

For that kind of money, I'd throw in my autographed German & English copies of CA1 & CA2 + Ingo Koslowski's 2002 book and Anton Lamboj's book.:biggrin: I might be able to retire! Wait, what are dinars and zlotys worth in dollars.:confused:

peterK

5 Year Member
20,000,000 zlotys is a good amount of money (for me at least). $1 = 2,8PLN:wink: Or Dave thought about zlotys before denomination - that wouldn't be that much anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….