• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello. New to this forum to day

LOFFA NORWAY

Hello folks
I have been holding fish for about 15-20 years, and have ended up with about 8-9 different Apistogramma in 12-14 different tanks. From 16L to 160L. I guess my english is rusty, but hope to make me anderstood. Some words is hard to find in english, but will do my best.

Types of Apistos that l have: Borellii, Cf. Commbrae, Agassizii, Sp. "Oregon" Barlowi, 2X Cacatuoides, Hongsloi and Bitaeniata. For the moment l have eggs of Barlowi and small fryes? of cacatuoides X 2 types and Cf. Commbrae. Some of my fish comes from TomC here in Norway. God made this man so great for us living near by:wink:

Im married, and turnd 47 apil 8.th. Living in a house south i Norway, about 80 km from the capitol, Oslo. We have 3 kids, only one of them living home.

Ask if there is someting, l*ll do my best to answer on my bad english... sorry

First tme on a foreign forum, and pratic very little english the last years

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome to forum. Nice collection of Apistos!

Your English is better then some of the Americans I deal with in person!!!

Jeff

ste12000

5 Year Member
Ill Echo Jeff, welcome to the forum..

I can never understand why Europeans apologise for speaking English, your English is far better than everyones Norwegian so i really see no need to apologise.

Welcome to the forum and i hope that you become involved in discussions. Cheers

LOFFA NORWAY

:wink: Tnx to both of you
My Apistogrammas is new to my collection in the last year. I only had a couple of Cacatuoides when we got this hous last july. So its kind of new for me. In Norwegian standard l am proud of my collection, because some of them is so hard to get. In stores theres is only a few types to buy.

Apistogramma from my collection like Commbrae, Borellii, Barlowi and Sp. "Oregon" is not for sale in stores. The "Oregons" og the Barlowi is from TomC and Cf. Commbrae and Borellii from Morten Ask (l think)

Borellii and cf Commbrae collected in the same "spot" in November 2010, near Bella Union in Uruguay, and TomC says:
It is a "cf." because the caudal spot is not totally separated from the bar 7.

In matter of thees 4 apistos l have/had eggs, but so fare fry only on the cf Commbrae.

I hope that l become involved in discussions here, but ther is much to learn here. I will try to find out to get pictures from my harddrive and if there is some kind of blogg to make here. Until then you can if you want to, look at my blogg at akvaforum.no for photos

http://akvaforum.no/forum.cfm?thread_id=57562&sr=1&msr=781

Hope this is not against the rulels here to do this

So long

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Loffa,

Welcome to the apisto forum. About the time you were born I had a college English professor (did I just age myself:eek:??) tell the class, "Any English that you can understand is 'good' English; it might not be 'proper' English, but it is 'good' English". I remember my first trip to Norway (Stavanger). I had a Norwegian phrase book. I used it once and the clerk at the store said, "Please use English". I threw the book away!:biggrin:

You are very lucky to have Tom so close. Tom & I email a lot, but I wish we could talk in person. You have a ready access to some good fish that can't be bought in stores. Now you need to talk to Alf S. about getting some of the new species/form of apisto that he brought back from Ecuador last year.:wink:

LOFFA NORWAY

Loffa,

Welcome to the apisto forum. About the time you were born I had a college English professor (did I just age myself:eek:??) tell the class, "Any English that you can understand is 'good' English; it might not be 'proper' English, but it is 'good' English". I remember my first trip to Norway (Stavanger). I had a Norwegian phrase book. I used it once and the clerk at the store said, "Please use English". I threw the book away!:biggrin:

You are very lucky to have Tom so close. Tom & I email a lot, but I wish we could talk in person. You have a ready access to some good fish that can't be bought in stores. Now you need to talk to Alf S. about getting some of the new species/form of apisto that he brought back from Ecuador last year.:wink:

Thanks for your answer, Mike
Tom lives about 60 km from me, not shore where in Larvik, but about 60 km. Some day l hope that l can visitt him and get to the "real world" of Apistos. I met him for the first time in an auction close to Larvik short time ago. From there, ant TomC l got my Barlowi that l really loves. The male jumped out of the tank, and found him on the floor the next day. Couple a days ago. Forgot the top glas. But now l have frys in her mouth, a little happyness in my sadness. My Sp. "Oregon" is also from him, a real nice couple there. I met Alf in the last main auction in Drammen, but did not talk to him. Alf, TomC and Morten Ask etc, is very known persons here, and in a way l find it hard to talk to "famous" people with the same intr as my self. But I talked a little with TomC:)

LOFFA NORWAY

Hello again.

A lot of joy here now. I got me a new Barlowi male. He is so nice and sosial and can feed him from my hand. Also new eggs at my cf commbrae, frys at my agassizii, frys at my cacatuoides (wild), eggs at my cacatuoides and frys is growing all over. The eggs at my Sp. "Oregon", is for the second time eaten up l guess. Next time l guess l take the cave out.

My group of cf Borellii have been playing for several days now, and three of the frmail is yellow like the sun therefor l hope they will give me some eggs in near future. The group is 1 male and 5 females.

The male have been playing hard to get from the time l got the group, and only once l had eggs on them. Hope soon my caves will be filled up with eggs. The male is just a beauty

amonbonfills

Hi, I'm new to this forum too. Had some african cichlids and now I trying to find some apisto's. Unfortunatelly here in Romania still very hard to find what I want.
Wish you best of luck breeding them and hope to see fry soon. Maybe you could send some of Borellii to me, hihihi.

LOFFA NORWAY

Its a happy day for me this moment. Eggs in several places. Apistogramma cf borellii, Apistogramma cacatuoides "orange" and Apistogramma barlowi. And new fry at my group of cf borellii. The season has started great. Since last time l also got me a group og Apistogramma nijsseni. One of the most beautiful female in the apisto world in my mind. Real nice. Also got 1+2 macmasteri in to my collection. Kind of shy, but hope it will be better as time go by

LOFFA NORWAY

Long time away now and lots have happend in my fish rooms. A lot has happend in the last months, like my collection of apistogramma. My collection is like this now:

Apistogramma elizabethae
Apistogramma trifasciata
Apistogramma "Vielfleck" F1 (A. sp. Xingu, Vielfleck Assurinij)
Apistogramma panduro. Lokasjon Tamshiyacu
Apistogramma sp. "Matses" F1
Apistogramma cf. huascar F1. Rio Galves, Remuyacu
Apistogramma agassizii netz, alenquer F1
Apistogramma cf bitaeniata Rio Tigre F1
Apistogramma hongsloi VF trio
Apistogramma nijssenii
Apistogramma pantalone VF
Apistogramma cf luelingi F1
Apistogramma barlowi F2
Apistogramma viejita
Apistogramma sp schwarzkehl F1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….