• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from the U.K

Brizzol

Hi guys, fairly new to the apisto scene but absolutely loving them!

I'm from the south west uk (Bristol) and was hoping to join this forum for help and pointers, maybe even to see what other people are breeding. Can't seem to source much in the way of apistos near me.

Currently I am successfully breeding agassizzi fire reds, but I'm looking to add more to my collection as I've just extended the racking in my fish room Also on the look out for rams and dwarf cichlids in general.

Anways, looking forward to my time here and expanding my knowledge on these beautiful little fishes! C9267516-E8D0-4985-B140-679C05209E5D.jpeg

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi Brizzol,
Welcome. I live the other side of Bath and this isn't great area for Apistogramma keeping. I know the Aquatic Store in Bedminster have Apistogramma in stock off and on (they have a facebook page), you could also try the MA at Hick's Gate.

It further a field the MA at Leekes in Melksham sometimes have WC fish. If you contact them you need to talk to "Tom".

cheers Darrel

Brizzol

Hi Darrel,

Yeah our tap water sucks! Luckily for me, I use a R.O filter. Plus a couple of IAL’s and I'm usually alright.

Yeah the aquatic store is really great, a genuinely good fish store. They have pretty much everything I could want, apart from the species of apistos I'm after plus it's the other side of the city for me.

I frequent the MA at hicks gate fairly often as it's closer to me, same problem though, guess I might be being too picky?
(I'm after apisto baenschi currently)

Haven't tried the melksham branch but I'll go check it out at some point.

Cheers for the tips!

Ade205

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….