• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Pennsylvania

Matt H

Hello everyone, my name is Matt & I am a civil engineer & love fish. Recently, I had a spontaneous buy of a pair of apisto agassizi and am now a big apisto fan. Been keeping fish for at least 8 years these are my first cichlids. I am also a big fan of plecos specifically hypancistrus species.

Linus_Cello

5 Year Member
Welcome Matt. Speaking of hypans, which ones do you have? L333, L46? Also, did you come to the Catfish Convention last October?

Jcwong

Hi Matt,welcome.
You seem to have a lot of fish keeping experiences!
Any photos posted already?
Hoping to see them soon.

Matt H

Thanks Linus & Jcwong. I had some L129s but they died from bacteria spike that happened after two broken heaters (the second being the one I used as a replacement) within days of each other right after I did a gravel change & left me with 2 fish (my male apisto agassizi & 1 white cloud tetra). I want to get some L66's, but Im waiting until I start getting some income (graduated college in may & think I finally have a job lined up, no one is hiring in construction management). Eventually I want to get some zebs but i want try my first species only pleco tank with some less pricy & get the hang of it.

JC I'll post a few pictures of my apisto, but right now I only have a betta (only) tank & an apisto tank, which only has the two fish in it, Here are two of the L129s I lost to the bacteria spike (so pissed); the color morph is on the left.

7795889058_f166f4754e_b.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3642.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 457

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….