• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello From Canada!

Bart Hazes

Nice to see another Canadian, there's a few of us here. I'm in Edmonton keeping and breeding about a dozen apisto species, all but one wild caught. But also starting to branch out to some other cichlids (Gymnogeophagus caaguazuensis, Laetacara dorsigera, Geophagus sp 'Gold dust', Ivanacara adoketa) and I like plants.
Apistos, and cichlids in general, have personalities and I predict you'll love watching them go about their lives in the tank. If you are interested in wild-caught or less common species you should keep an eye on Below Water (Montreal), Spencer Jack (Winnipeg), and Curtis Jerrom (Calgary). I get 95+% of my fish from the latter. He has very cool fish.

Peds

Nice to see another Canadian, there's a few of us here. I'm in Edmonton keeping and breeding about a dozen apisto species, all but one wild caught. But also starting to branch out to some other cichlids (Gymnogeophagus caaguazuensis, Laetacara dorsigera, Geophagus sp 'Gold dust', Ivanacara adoketa) and I like plants.
Apistos, and cichlids in general, have personalities and I predict you'll love watching them go about their lives in the tank. If you are interested in wild-caught or less common species you should keep an eye on Below Water (Montreal), Spencer Jack (Winnipeg), and Curtis Jerrom (Calgary). I get 95+% of my fish from the latter. He has very cool fish.
I'm from winnipeg and so far I ahve a Pair of GBR and Apisto on my community tank, but I'm getting interest in breeding dwarf cichlids.
Afishonados (Spencer) is acutally where I bought my fish!!

Bart Hazes

Lucky to have a place like the Afishionados in town. He just had A. piaroa but sold out already. Good luck with the hobby.

Peds

Lucky to have a place like the Afishionados in town. He just had A. piaroa but sold out already. Good luck with the hobby.
yeah fishes sell there very quickly, I came the day after the received the A. Double Red Cacatoo and they're sold out right away LOL. Thanks and good luck with as well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….