• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from AZ

Hello everybody.
I love all south American dwarf cichlids from keyholes to laetacara.
I realized I should join when I mislabeled an A. macmasteri as an A. viejita.
I currently have 2 female N. anomala in my community tank and home to get a male soon and try my hand at breeding.
I love Apistogramma too and will probably replace the nannacara with a pair of A. borelli 'opal' when I move them to their breeding tank.
Im more interested in the uncommon/rare Apistos but I will always have a special place for A. pandoro, A. borelli, A. agassizii and A. nijsseni.
I also like A. elizabethae and A. trifasciata.
I wouls aslo like to learn about A. sp. 'steel blue' and it's origin.
I'm also excited that apistodave is here.

I hope to learn lots bout apistos while im here.

Here is a bad/low quality picture of my nannacara.

Attachments

• nannacara.jpg
    nannacara.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Welcome to the site! I'm also a fan of N. anomala. When you get a male, try to get them NOT to breed!;)
Thanks. Cool. Do you have any? hahaha
It's funny that for a fish the breeds so easily that they aren't more popular. My LFS has them but other than that they are a rare thing to get online. I want to make them more popular and easier to get. :)

Hellfishguy

5 Year Member
Unfortunately, when people see colorless juvies in a shop they'll usually pass them by, without realizing how beautiful they'll become when adult.

I've been selling them online for the past 5 years, spreading them throuought the U. S.

Unfortunately, when people see colorless juvies in a shop they'll usually pass them by, without realizing how beautiful they'll become when adult.

I've been selling them online for the past 5 years, spreading them throuought the U. S.
Yes. I also have a unusually colorful female that I got and I hope that all her female offspring will take after her.

Really? Cool. Do you sell on aquabid?
I will be coming to you for help when I start breeding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….