• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings from Tucson, Arizona USA

ButchAZ

Hi all -

My name is Butch. I'm a FW aquarist from MANY years ago, just setting up my first new tank in 25+ years. Boy, have things changed! I purchased a 46 bow front acrylic tank from a friend who bought it and never set it up. Going with a slow moving South American river scape, hopefully with a pair of apistos plus some other peaceful community fish (I hate drama!).

Got my R/O unit up and working yesterday, and it's currently filling the tank. We have a great LFS here in Tucson with a very knowledgeable owner who specializes in SA cichlids. His tanks are gorgeous, which tells me a lot about how he runs his business.

Since it's been so long since I've had a tank, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions going forward.

Ade205

Hi Butch.

Welcome back to the game! Know what your saying, I've been in this game 30 odd years, over 20 seriously! Things certainly have changed!

Have you kept Apistos before or is this your first time?

Ade

ButchAZ

Thanks Ade - this is my first time with SA cichlids. Last tank I had was in 1998, with African cichlids (which bred like rabbits!).

Just spent $xxx.xx at the LFS today, and another $xxx.xx when I got home. If you add $xxx.xx and $xxx.xx together it comes out to a lot of moolah :)

Ade205

I can't think of anything better to spend money on!! This hobby can't cost a fair bit though!
Funnily enough, I'm about to start my first African tank! You'd of though I'd of done it years ago as my tap water is rock hard, but my passion has always been SA dwarfs so I've mixed my fair share of RO over the years!

Hope all goes well with new tank... post up some pics when you've chosen and purchased fish. Think your going to love Apistos and they'll most likely spawn sooner than you imagine!

Ade.

Apistodan77

Ohhh ok gotcha, just wasnt up on my acronyms lol. I’m from Washington, stationed up here in the Army and was born and raised. Our water is pretty good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….