• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding question

ron1njdds

Every time I go near the tank my apisto couple meet me at the glass, stare at me and head for the top expecting food. I love the interaction and wonder if this is typical behavior. They can't be hungry all the time , can they? What do you do?

Drayden Farci

5 Year Member
Fish are trained pets like anything else. I had some A. macmasteri that would do this a few years ago, but my current Apisto's don't really mind me. That's partly because most of their food comes from bottom-sifting, not actually from me dropping the food into the tank, so the learned behavior isn't there. The Tucano Tetras, however, come right up whenever I open the lid, which is interesting because they are usually a sporadic, energetic little tetra that doesn't seem to care about anything in the world.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….