• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Favorite Apisto

inexorable

5 Year Member
Just curious which species is your favorite and briefly why.

My fav is trifasciata. I love its metalic blue color, fancy finnage, it doesn't get really big and it is very peaceful. They are great tankmates for blue rams.

blueblue

5 Year Member
My favourite is German Super-Red Eliza, it looks so cool ^.^

inexorable said:
Just curious which species is your favorite and briefly why.

My fav is trifasciata. I love its metalic blue color, fancy finnage, it doesn't get really big and it is very peaceful. They are great tankmates for blue rams.

A

ap.cacatuoides

My favourite is definitly Ap.cacatuoides :biggrin:
I just love that little fish..

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
My favorites seem to be the ones that no longer exist in the hobby:

the blue, blue "A. wickleri" - a domestic A. steindacneri from the 50s-80s

the "Pink Apisto" (yes, it is pale salmon pink!) - A. cf. eunotus from the Rio Shahuayo.

cdawson

5 Year Member
Apisto sp. Papagei for sure, can't beat the colouring on the males. Even the females have beautiful colouring.

mooman

5 Year Member
I've only seen the most common apistos in the flesh (man you guys throw out some crasy obscure species, obscure to me anyway). I think I like the A panduro/pandurini because of the heavy body, and contrast between the male and female coloration.

What are some other species that have a lot of sexual dimorphism? And where the hell do you guys get them? If you could comment on ease of breeding, that would be appreciated also. I can use RO water, but have had very little luck getting my ph to drop below 6.8, so the one's that require superlow ph would be out for me (at this point in time), but I'd appreciate hearing about them.

thanks

Red Baron

5 Year Member
Well I should only say beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder .

To me every Apistos are beautiful . Each is as unique and special as others .

Cheers mate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….