• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Electric Blue Rams male

fredmir1

5 Year Member
Hi

I have a pair of Electric Blue Rams in a 20 gallon tank

Bare bottom, with java ferm,jave moss, coconut shell and some slates. Also have 3-4 pencil fishes with them

The male is always chasing the female,till she find a hiding spot from the male. She does come out to eat

I did take out the male 3 times and put him in another tank with blue rams. He never bother the blue rams,only the female electric blue ram female

Will his chasing stop, he been chasing her for 3 days now

I like to get them to bred

Thanks

George

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Sounds like you have an exceptionally aggressive male. I suggest that you put males of the wild type rams in the tank with the pair and add for hiding places. The presence of the competitors will draw the electric blue male's attention. What you risk, however, is that the female may choose to breed with a blue ram male rather than the electric blue male. If that happens just remove the male she is trying to breed with.

I am working with rams, and to reduce the aggression of the larger males against the females I am keeping three males and two females in a 15 gallon tank. There is a lot of cover. Two pairs spawn is different corners and defend their areas from all other fish in the tank. It works...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….