• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dwarf crenicichlas

Refael Hdr.

5 Year Member
Will they be able to manage in hard water - pH 7.0-8.0, GH 15+ and about 1000+ mS?
Does it changes between the species?

Are they compatible with calm smaller fish and other dwarfs like Apistos an Dicros?

retro_gk

5 Year Member
Yes, different species have different requirements. You will be able to keep many species under the parameters you've listed but, they will not spawn.

I would not keep them with any fish smaller than they are. Anything smaller than a cardinal tetra will probably become dinner at some point.

Refael Hdr.

5 Year Member
Thanks Rahul,
What about this species:
Crenicichla compressiceps
Crenicichla orange
Crenicichla regani

I guess you meant that they will eat any fish smaller enough to fit their mouth (what basically correct for most of the fish), but will they do well with Tetras and other small fish that are smaller than them in body size, though large enough for not be swallowed wholly? And could they possibly harass them?

rafael

5 Year Member
Crenicichla compressiceps: pH 6.0 to 6.5 / dGH 1º (Stawikowski & Warzel 1991).

C. regani: Parameters Tapajós river: pH 4.8 / conductivity 10 uS/cm!! (Kilian 1992).

May be C. heckeli that it tolerates pH of 7.5.

Rafael.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….