• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dorsal fin

Wazaaaa

rpkz.jpg

Here is a picture of my dominant male (WC Apistogramma sp Miua)
I would have liked to know if this dorsal fin will stay like that or will eventually develop ?

MacZ

Wild caught... then this is it. Seems to have been injured by a bird or something. Those are scars.

anewbie

Yes, I had the same thing with a WC agassizii, it never grew back.

View attachment 11862
That is a nice fish; the picture makes it looks a little chubby but very interesting colouring. I wish more wild fishes were available. I am curious if you breed it with a female from the same location does it breed true or do the off spring have different colouring.

Mazan

That is a nice fish; the picture makes it looks a little chubby but very interesting colouring. I wish more wild fishes were available. I am curious if you breed it with a female from the same location does it breed true or do the off spring have different colouring.
Unfortunately I never got a female. I was sold a group of juvenile Macmasteri from Colombia, which turned out to be 3 cacatuoides and that agassizii. I went back to see if there were any more agassizii there and found one more, but that also turned out to be a male and I had to return it. The cacatuoides were all males too. Sadly that agassizii died a while back. He was really aggressive even to bigger cichlids and wanted to own the whole tank.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….