• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Corys for Apisto tanks

macmike

5 Year Member
Hi all,

Getting back into the hobby after a 5 year absence will be fun with all of the new resources for Apisto information and availability, including this forum and associated site. :)
I am, however, having trouble finding some unusual species of Corydoras like I used to keep with my Apisto/Dicrossus (i.e. pygmaeus, breei, caudimaculatus, cochui, etc.)
I hope this is not too far off topic, but does anyone have sources for unique small Corys?

Thanks

Mike

Neil

macmike,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I have moved this post to the Lounge, as it is more appropriate there.
Where are you located? I have had pygmaeus in the past, but I am not sure that I have anymore now. I do have a cute little dwarf species called habrosus right now. If you are interested in those, contact me via PM. If you give us where you are from, maybe we can give you other suggestions.

Neil

macmike

5 Year Member
Thanks Neil (for putting my post where it belongs)

I am in Louisiana. C. hastatus and C. habrosus are some other species that I am interested in. They are very hard to find around here. I used to buy from Casey at <a href="http://www.anchorbayaquarium.com">Anchor Bay Aquarium</a> but have not seen anything unusual on his list lately. I need small corys as I will be using small tanks for my breeders/dithers and I want to school them.

mike

fishboy20

5 Year Member
ive only ever seen hastatus once, the habrosus have been easier to find lately. pygmaeus is by far the most common of the dwarfs especially right now.

krustyart

5 Year Member
tiny corys?

Hey I would also be interested if someone in my area had any really small species of dwarf corys they wanted to sell or trade :!:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marakely

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(