• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Colour morp of Apistogramma Black chin

Champ_17

5 Year Member
I just got apistogramma black chin or Apistogramma allpahuayo 2 pair which difference colour despite they are wild caught from the same place.
One is bluish and another is yellowishใ

Can I cross two variety? because the female is not difference in colour.

The yellow Black chin
IMG_8876 (Small).JPG
IMG_8943 (Small).JPG
IMG_8955 (Small).JPG
IMG_8974 (Small).JPG

The Blue Black chin
IMG_9332 (Small).JPG
IMG_9325 (Small).JPG
IMG_9311.JPG

and The last question which colour is rare on the market yellow or blue?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Like in people, color morphs are just color, they are the same species. Use whichever color you prefer - and expect variations in the offspring, just like in the wild.

Champ_17

5 Year Member
Like in people, color morphs are just color, they are the same species. Use whichever color you prefer - and expect variations in the offspring, just like in the wild.
I think Apitogramma Allpahuayo is look smarter than Cacatuoides the body is so strong and dorsal fin is very high.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Wild specimens of A. cacatuoides have as robust or even more robust bodies and the dorsal spines are just as high as on A. alpahuayo. Most hobbyist have only seen domestic color strains of A. cacatuoides. Sadly, body shape and finnage have been sacrificed for color.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….