• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Colorful female macmasteri?

Chadzoh

Bought 2 apisto macmasteri, was hoping to get a pair but once I put them in the female started looking a lot more like a dude. Another few hours after I took these pics she/him turned more red but no colors on fins. If it is a male definitely on me though (since these were sold separate and not as pairs) I tried to go for the more colorful females.

Attachments

• 37E5529A-ED4F-4F63-B8FA-02ADAE333E85.jpeg
    37E5529A-ED4F-4F63-B8FA-02ADAE333E85.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 217
  • 26A8E129-6AA8-4398-B047-68520D7593D7.jpeg
    26A8E129-6AA8-4398-B047-68520D7593D7.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 211

MacZ

Two males.

Do not look for "more colourful" in females. You will quickly notice that colourful almost always means male. Exceptions are just found in domestic strains (e.g. A. cacatuoides "Super red" and A. agassizii "gold").

Chadzoh

Two males.

Do not look for "more colourful" in females. You will quickly notice that colourful almost always means male. Exceptions are just found in domestic strains (e.g. A. cacatuoides "Super red" and A. agassizii "gold").
Bought 2 small ones. Male would twitch erratically and tail whip next to them. One turning slightly yellow starting from the face, other one still dull gray. The first one definitely a male as fins are forming the longer lyre like shape.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….