1. Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Collecting trip

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ttw, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Ttw

Ttw Active Member 5 Year Member

Soon I will be leaving on a collecting trip to Bolivia. We plan to collect in both the Chaco and then north into Beni. I have collected in Beni on a previous trip and hope to be able to once again bring back erythrura , staecki and linkei. I have not been to south eastern Bolivia before but plan to collect in 4 to 5 different river system drainages. Aiming for trifasciata and inconspicua there. There are also some nice killis there but this may be the wrong time of year to collect them. I will let you know what happens.
  2. Mike Wise

Mike Wise Moderator Staff Member 5 Year Member

Sounds like a wonderful trip, Tom. Have a fun time!
  3. Ttw

Made it back from our Bolivia collecting trip. Overall successful. Collected 5 species of Apistogramma and got them home.
    The country was very dry so some of the rivers, creeks and ponds were dry. Made finding the fish more difficult. When I get my data put together I will write a more comprehensive note.
    Brenna, TCMontium, Tom C and 2 others like this.
  4. MickeM

MickeM Active Member

Any killi-fishes (Papiliolebias sp. ) or eggs ???
  5. Ttw

The only killies we found were Rivulus beniensis and a Pterolebius sp. yet to be identified.
  6. Tom C

Tom C Active Member 5 Year Member

Impatiently looking forward to read this! :)
  7. Mike Wise

Mike Wise Moderator Staff Member 5 Year Member

Seems like you had the same problems Tom & I had last Fall in Peru. El NiƱo was in full effect. Looking forward to learning more about your trip.