1. Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cichlid Atlas Key

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Suggestions' started by JG, Sep 8, 2005.

1. JG

JG Member 5 Year Member

Can anyone provide a page number that provides a legend for the remarks that Romer uses at the end of each species profiile as I was having some difficulty in locating that?

T: temperature
    L: Length for male & female
    A: I'm assuming is aquarium length/size
    R: ?
    D: Distribution?

J
  2. Chris(wildcaught!)

Chris(wildcaught!) New Member 5 Year Member

I don't think there is a legend at all in the Römer book. However i did some thinking combined with reading the book back and forth.

T= Temperature
    L= Length of species
    A= Recommended aquarium length
    R= Region, i.e. m= middle of the tank, b= bottom
    D= Difficulty 1=easy, 4=rather demanding species

Hope it will help u, if someone else has another interpretation, please reply

/Chris
  3. Oupsy

Oupsy New Member 5 Year Member

If you have the book, or can read it somewhere, the legend can be found in Mergus Aquarium Atlas 1. It's page 200 in mine, but it s french version so might not be the same in yours. (it's the page just before species description).

Also Chris is right.