• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chat!!!!!!

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
OK let me see if I can start something, I have talked to Neil about this--how about we set a time and we all go on MSn chat or something and see if we cant get a real time thing going

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
enthusiastic fish keepers I love it OK someone throw a date out and I am not a computer nerd type --the link ideasounds cool but why cant we just all ---say download some chat program say msn and set a date. Hmmmm how many people know about the chat room on Aquabid?

chapman76

5 Year Member
Well, I use aquabid, but I've never been in the chat room. I would love a chance to chat with some more experienced apisto keepers and definately learn because I can new to this, but am already addicted. Already thinking of setting up a 30 long for the large SA cichlids.

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
CHATTTTTT

OK everyone this is what Mark told me--I have no problem with that as that is the purpose. If they want to set a particular time, I can add it to the schedule. I can make a permanent room also.

Regards
Mark Barnett
FishLinkCentral.com - FishForums.com - FishBookStore.com - AquaBoards.com
AquaBanners.com - AquaBid.com - AquaCards.com - AquaRank.com

So if you guys here at apistogramma.com want to have a lace to go and real time talk--Mark is offereing the perfect opportunity bat it around and see what you want to do--if you want to do it I will set it up

Neil

I have sent Gary an email letting him know about this and seeing whether he has any ideas on how we could coordinate it with the forum. I will let everyone know when I get his reply!

Neil

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Question - If we sponsored a chat system ourselves would you, the users, mind a seperate registration for the chat system? I would attempt to intergrate it into the users_table of the forum database but it's a lot of work and I am unsure of the number of users that will take advantage of the chat. Plus I don't want to foul-up the forum. I hate losing data. :wink:

My proposal is to start a chat system with new registration required to participate, if it's a HUGE success I will then intergrate it into the forum.

I will attempt to get it up and running tonight and will post a link for users to test if you'd like. Be patient as it's a holiday weekend and I may be forced to BBQ with friends/family tomorrow. 8)

Gary

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
Looking for a couple of volunteers to test the chat software.

If you are interested reply below and I will PM you the info.

The testing will take a couple of days, unless there are a lot of takers. :lol:

Gary

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
OK, one piece of software down. :( To many problems to sort out.

Installing a new package to test. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks to those who help test the first try.

Gary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….