• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Carbo Plus CO2

mordor

5 Year Member
Does anybody use this water elecrolisis equipment to produce CO2? I am not sure if it's really effective. I can very seldom measure CO2 levels above 10 ppm. It's also quite expensive and easy to break. Any other cheap alternatives?

farm41

5 Year Member
pressurized co2 really is the cheapest route, after the initial cash outlay. My tanks last 5 and 6 months and only cost $7.70 to refill.

When I was doing the yeast bottle co2 and trying to keep up with 60g, 55g, 38g, and 20g tanks I was using 10 yeast bottles and buying sugar in the 25# sizes. That adds up real quick, not to mention all the darn bottles connected together. Now it's real easy, I have 2 5lb co2 cylinders with regulators and each has a tee and 2 needle valves so I can run 4 tanks. I had it all adjusted in less than a day and haven't needed to touch it again, except for a refill. No mess, no fuss and just watch things grow, the only thing you will need is more fertilizer and sharp sizzors.

:D :D

M

Mike Chappell

As far as the carbo-plus system is concerned, this is a super -tech item, although the start up cost on one is extremely high, then you must keep up with the carbon block replacements which are also pricey. I've seen several tanks in person with the carbo-plus and MH lighting which were outstanding. Although I agree with the earlier post, especially if you plan on going with several tanks as you can branch a co2 pressureized system to a line of tanks, but the carbo-plus is per tank. The start up cost is all you have to get by on the pressureized. As said the refilling the bottle is very economical. I just use all pressureized personally, one tank of co2 supplyin several tanks.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….