• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can i put a Paratilapia Polleni with american cichlids?

Smitginia12

5 Year Member
can i put a Paratilapia Polleni with a breeding pair of green terrors 1 jack dempsey 1 texas cichlid 1 dwarf snakehead the polleni will be the same size as most of thease fish tank size is not an issue i have a 8ft by 3ft by 3ft

Sharpfish

5 Year Member
The green terrors are the biggest problem in the tank. When they are in spawning mode they will wreak havoc in the tank. Paratilapia polleni does not exist as a name anymore, all small spot Paratilapia are being re-identified. I would use Paratilapia sp. East Coast small spot until you identify which species you have. The size is not a problem, it will be attitude. Paratilapia males will grow to about 12" and females to about 10". All fish have their own personalities, some are more aggressive than others. It will have to be more aggressive to be in with Central American cichlids. For more information on Madagascar cichlids try the forums at The Cichlidroom Companion, East Coast Cichlids, or Monster Fish Keepers

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
That's a really big tank. A cichlid community like yours will alwys be a bit rough, but the attitude of the Paratilapia is similar to that of your other fish. I do not think there would be problems other than what one should expect from keeping big, mean cichlids together.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
That's a really big tank. A cichlid community like yours will alwys be a bit rough, but the attitude of the Paratilapia is similar to that of your other fish. I do not think there would be problems other than what one should expect from keeping big, mean cichlids together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….