• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cacatuoides spawning?

Chris_H

Hi,

I have 2 female cacatuoides and one male. The dominant female occupies a coconut and fiercely defends it. she also has cleared the entrance of any debris. Normally I would say clear breeding behaviour, however, she is rather darkly coloured and doesn’t tolerate the male either. The other female in contrast is bright yellow and Is occasionally trying to get into the coconut herself but will be aggressively chased off. She also seems to be the male’s favourite. There are plenty of hiding places but no other spawning spots seem agreeable. Today I added a small flower pot that hopefully will be accepted by the non dominant female.

So, the big question is whether I’m doing the right thing and whether the dominant female is breeding or not? I really should be doing a water change but would wait if there are any eggs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….