• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breeding Tips for A.Borelli

bbetta

5 Year Member
Wow that's a problem!I'm waiting and for Mike's opinion and when they do breed we may discuss this again.Thank you very much wethumbs!
Today I will feed the Ocean Nutrition Instant Baby Brine Shrimp and I will tell you my opinion about it.

bbetta

5 Year Member
Up!
Need input!
Will the pair/new fry do well with the old fry (21 days old today they are 2-3)

regani

5 Year Member
They should get along. The parents will probably keep the older fry away from the freshly hatched ones. There it looks like there is enough cover in your tank that the older fry will have plenty of spots to hide so there should be no problem with them.
Once the new fry has grown up a bit you can remove all fry into a separate grow out tank to rear them to size for sale or breeding. Borellii fry are a bit slow growing, though

bbetta

5 Year Member
regani thank you very much!
I think my pair breeded again in the big tank!
The other female is with 2 babies one month old in the small tank.
At the moment there is not so much cover in the breeding tank because I removed the leaves.
Do you think the fish will get along?
Im'thinking about removing the female from the small tank and putting the other female with the new eggs.(So we have the eggs+the 2 one month old babies+the mother of the new fry).The old fry is about 7mm long.

Thanks

regani

5 Year Member
I usually remove the fry from the breeding tank when they are 2-3 weeks old and raise them separated from their parents.
The 2 older fry should be ok with the next generation fry once they are 2-3 weeks old. If you move the mother into the same tank, she will chase the older fry away, but if the tank is big/decorated enough she won't kill them.
If the two females and male got along previously in the breeding tank, they should be ok when you move back together again.
I would probably remove all the fry, leave the mother with the eggs and possibly leave the second female in the tank if it is big enough. If the tank is not big enough I would move her to the same tank as the fry.
Even if you loose some fry now, you have a male and two females, so they will breed again and again and again ... :)

bbetta

5 Year Member
The 2 fish are now 1month 9days old.When I will be able to find out their sex?
Today I am going to remove their mother.I think that they will be fine alone .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….