• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

black face

edwliang

5 Year Member
IMG_6764.jpg
help...my bitaeneata has got one side of his face blacken. is he going to die soon?

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
help...my bitaeneata has got one side of his face blacken. is he going to die soon?
Looking at this body colour as well he looks fairly sickly, and unfortunately death would seem the most likely option.

Is anything in the tank different? higher CO2? less live food? other new dominant fish?

cheers Darrel

edwliang

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Looking at this body colour as well he looks fairly sickly, and unfortunately death would seem the most likely option.

Is anything in the tank different? higher CO2? less live food? other new dominant fish?

cheers Darrel
i think the fish is weak and the water quality is not good enough. someone told me black face is caused by some kind of bateria.

gerald

5 Year Member
Loss of pigment control (either darkening or lightening) can have many different causes, including Mycobacterium infection. That might be what you remember hearing.

i think the fish is weak and the water quality is not good enough. someone told me black face is caused by some kind of bateria.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….