• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Biotoecus dicentrarchus

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help me with some care for Biotoecus dicentrarchus, I can’t really find much. I’m thinking about getting some for a 20g long that will also have green neon tetras and corydoras concolor

MacZ

To be honest, the species is found so rarely in the hobby, I would dedicate a species tank to them and probably also try breeding. Both possible species you name for company I would not combine with these cichlids.

What Frank Schäfer, who is probably one of the most knowledgable living fish encyclopedias in Europe, writes here is speaking volumes.

B. dicentrarchus and B. opercularis are quite closely related and have similar needs, so this will likely help aswell.

I know you are relatively new to this specialized part of the hobby, so you might want to try and get a hang of the availability of such species and how to value their rarity.

MacZ

I have a quintet of juvenile Dicrossus filamentosus in a tank with 80x35cm footprint. I already know, I will have to rehome some of them at one point when they become adults. Unless I'm really lucky and have a ratio of 1-2 : 3-4. Before that I had a subadult male in a 60x30 and I knew this would not be optimal longterm.

Ben Rhau

Apisto Club
Slight typo above. The same advice you've been given for *tankmakes* with apisto pairs applies. So not most tetras and corys with a breeding, bottom-dwelling cichlid pair. But there are a few exceptions.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….