• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Badis badis "blue fin"

apistoworld(HK)

5 Year Member
Badis badis "blue fin"

Badisbadis-blue.jpg

firetank

5 Year Member
superb!!

are these a line bred variant or one of the numerous new species that has been described in the past few years?????

jose_vogel

5 Year Member
Volkant: it´s no a cichlidae, its family is badidae. But its size, behavior and water requirements are similar to the dwarves cichlids.

Apistoworld: I ´ve a question: It´s a Badis badis or a Dario dario (I think it´s the latter). By the way, you´re a very good photographer!!

georgedv

5 Year Member
VERY BEAUTIFUL!!

I bought me six (the red kind) a few weeks ago. The largest is less than 1". They seem peaceful. I have all 6 in a bare bottom 10gal w/plenty of java moss until I cycle their tank.

My only problem is feeding them. They will not eat flakes, they nibble on frozen brine shrimp, dauphnie, mysis shrimp and chopped blood worms. The only thing they enjoy is BBS.

Have you a similar problem?

g

firetank

5 Year Member
they are very difficult to find; none of the species Ive kept would touch flake\granular etc.

When I tried full grown live brineshrimp they got ignored; the only thing I was ever successful with was bloodworm live and frozen...

Genes

5 Year Member
Very cool fish to have indeed. Here's a picture of mine in neutral mood. Kept this guy with my Ap. iniridae and even the apisto was no match for his ferocity. They are not difficult to find here in Singapore.

badis1.jpg

eranu

5 Year Member
I had 4 fish and found that they would only eat live food and frozen bloodworm too. They were Dario dario.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….