• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp 'White seam' ???????

ste12000

5 Year Member
Hi all, this fish is a sole contaminant of a recent batch of Dicrossus i ordered from Botoga, Columbia.. Ive enclosed a few pics of the young fish(aprox 20mm) and done a bit of my own research, Apistogramma sp 'white seam' seems to be the closest match i can find and the location seems to fit..

Unfortunatly there was only the single fish in the batch of 50 ordered Dicrossus, ive just ordered a second box and upped it to 100 dicrossus in the hope its still the same collection sat in the exporters and i can get a couple more!! Fingers crossed..
DSCF9115.jpg

DSCF9101.jpg

DSCF9089.jpg

Lolojil

5 Year Member
I agree with you :wink:.

This fish is A. sp "White Seam", a really nice little specie.

I hope that you will have with other dicrossus.

Microman

5 Year Member
Hi Steve,
I spotted a reverse trio of these recently in a shipment of wild hongsloi, Ray took them home.
Ive had these before, great little fish. Its always worth looking very closely in wild Colombian shipments for this little beauty.
Mark...

P.W.

5 Year Member
I found one as well! I was strolling through the LFS a couple of days ago, when I spotted a strange little fish among the D. filamentosus in a slightly over crowded tank. Everytime I see a tank of wild caught dicrossus in a shop, I always remember this thread! When I looked closer at the tiny fish, I was convinced that it had to be the sp. White seam! I bought it of course. I think it is almost identical to the fish on the photos above. I have put him in a heavily planted tank with a few Borellii frys as company. Unfortunately it´s not that easy to get a good photo of him (I think its a male, 20mm) in this tank. But I will try to do my best.

So..now´s the question, how to find a couple more of these guys?? I definately would like to invest in this species. These "miniature species" have been fascinating me for a long time, but I have never got the oppurtunity to find any of these species. (wapisana, sp chao and sp whiteseam).

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
A. sp. Weißsaum seems to be appearing more frequently as contaminants/by-catches with D. filamentosus from Colombia. A. wapisana is a rare import, maybe appearing once every 10 years, in North America at least. A. sp. Chao was only collected a couple of times and then not commercially, but by hobbyists. There is a good chance that it will become extinct once the Belo Monte Dam floods its only known biotope (islands in the Rio Xingu).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….