• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp. melgar

Jholden

5 Year Member
Is A. sp. melgar a commercial name for a form A. sp. pebas or is it an actual species?

Amazon Tropical has these on aqua bid listed as Apisto. "melgar" F0 from Peru.
fwapisto1257897377.jpg

They look like a form of pebas to me. Beautiful fish none the less, think i'd like to have a pair

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
A. sp. Melgar is the name Dr. Römer uses for the species Koslowski, Staeck, etc. use for A. sp. Nanay. This species comes from the Río Nanay in Peru. Römer uses the name A. sp. Nanay for the species Koslowski, Staeck, etc. use for A. sp. Papagei. Papagei doesn't come from the Río Nanay. It comes from the Río Ampiyacu. Römer got the locations mixed up when both fish were first sent to him. It's sadly all very confusing to those who don't understand. Now there is a third form being sold under this name. :frown:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rileylouie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….