• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma pertensis?

retro_gk

5 Year Member
Picked these guys up from a tankful of A. gibbiceps.

pertensis1.jpg

pertensis2.jpg

pertensis3.jpg

pertensis4.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
They look young. They could be A. pertensis or A. cf. pertensis. Wait until they grow a bit. A. pertensis males have higher dorsal sailfins & the body is not as compressed as in A. cf. pertensis.

retro_gk

5 Year Member
I think these guys will grow much more than what they're at now. A couple of quick pics snapped while a male was flaring at an A. uaupesi.

pertensis_uaupesi1.jpg

pertensis_uaupesi2.jpg

Tea

5 Year Member
Nice looking fish!!

Hey Raul, Just wanted to ask do you have any Uapesi or pertens pairs you want to sell?? Nice pics man...Vue

retro_gk

5 Year Member
Hey Vue, I have fry of both growing out. I only have a couple of pairs of adults, and want to hold on to them for a bit longer :) Please drop me a PM if you want fry.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….