• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Maulbruter

R

rocketman

hello, i was wondering if anyone could give me some info on this apisto. i hear they are a mouthbrooding apisto. what water conditions and if they are a hardy fish? i might be getting a pair and want to make sure i can give this fish the right water they need.
thanks.

Neil

rocketman,
The husbandry for this species is relatively easy and problem-free, aside from a little aggression issue. They are kind of mean. However, the breeding is unbelievably difficult. The only time that I have had minimal results was in 4.5pH with no hardness. And then I only got 8 fry.
They are a very intreresting and beautiful species though and I higghly encourage you to play with them.
I have a little blurb on them in my Editors Forum on Apistogramma.com.http://www.apistogramma.com/editorsforum.htm
Neil

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Well, it looks like I have my work cut out for me! I have 2 pairs of Maulbruter coming...they will be here Friday. I don't have RO, but I do have DI and quite a bit of rain water saved. My plans were to acclimate them to my regular tap water and condition them good, and use the special water when I am ready to breed them. I will keep you all posted if you like. I also take pictures of most any fish I keep. Is there a place on this forum to post pics?

Rich

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rileylouie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….