• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma kullanderi

Rolo

5 Year Member
Does anyone have the new description of A. kullanderi, Varella & Sabaj Perez, 2014 published in Ichtyological Explorations of Freshwater?

I guess it must be the formerly known A. sp. "Gigas"

Regards,
Rolo

mixmixi

If you could give me name name of article I have access to some journal and might be able to get it for you, Roland.

DaRe

5 Year Member
great, would also like to get hold of the full pdf.

Must be last description this year and nice to see Sven O. Kullander recognized again even though I normally prefer other types of names.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Never really fond of IEF's distribution policy. It's has an incredibly expensive subscription rate for individuals and costs for protected pdf files are rather high, too. You can get a protected pdf of this paper from the publisher for €13,00/$15.75/£10.12. It is their copyrighted material so I guess it's their right to charge what they think the market will bear. Still it doesn't really endear them to me. That being said, it is a pretty good scientific journal. Interestingly, I find fewer established taxonomists publishing in it. I think IEF's costs for publishing in it (yes, IEF charges the authors a publication fee) are getting too high for them to handle when other publishers like Zootaxa are more reasonable.

mixmixi

I have contacted him too, roland. I could get the first and second issue of the journal but not the third we are looking for sadly. Let's hope he replies!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….