• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma baenschi “Inca”

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Baenschis are beautiful fish and surely a species i want to keep again.
if you got room for it i’d advice you to get two females and one male.

i’d say… go for it.

MacZ

Do they come from the same store where you got the A. cacatuoides sold as A. macmasteri? If so, I'd leave it, because it could be a wrong ID again.
And if they sell you a domestic strain as A. baenschi you might end up paying much more than the fish are worth. Care to go and take a picture at the store? You ought to really make sure the ID is correct.

Do they come from the same store where you got the A. cacatuoides sold as A. macmasteri? If so, I'd leave it, because it could be a wrong ID again.
And if they sell you a domestic strain as A. baenschi you might end up paying much more than the fish are worth. Care to go and take a picture at the store? You ought to really make sure the ID is correct.
I’m picking them up Sunday

yukondog

5 Year Member
What I like to do is before getting a pair is to stand in front of the tank for about 10 min. or so and look the fish over good, look at there fins, scales, gills ect.
Pictures before you buy would help.

They have been hiding in a cave or in the driftwood together all day . They eat if the food falls right by then. I saw them exploring the tank together and as soon as they noticed my presence went back into hiding is this normal ? Water tempature is 78-79 PH 6.2-6.5 0 ammonia nitrate and nitrite . Sorry if being annoying really want to keep these fish

Rycraft

@Newyorkrangers88 might just need some time to get used to the tank. Not sure how heavily planted/how much cover there is. I recently got a pair of A. Velifera and the male took the tank pretty quickly but it took the female 3 to 4 days before she really felt comfortable swimming around. My tank is pretty heavily planted with some rock caves as well. Now they both explore and forage all day and come right up to the glass when I'm near by because they're hoping it's feeding time again.

Rycraft

@Newyorkrangers88 forgot to mention that dither fish can help as well. I have a school of 14 embers tetras in there with them which may have aided in making them feel comfortable.

The male ended up dieing and I don’t think the female is to far behind . I think I’m going to order from a breeder cause I’ve had no luck with the LFS

prestoncycle

Does any hate any experience with apistograma baenschi? My local fish store got 3 pairs and I am debating getting one
I bought some at fish hut of NJ About 3-4 months ago. Lost the female and recently bought another one at monster aquariums in queens (probably your LFS) I have them in a 10 gal with 3 otos and a single adolescent female guppy ( as a dither). Male is more aggressive than the cacatuoides double reds I have. Female has been chasing and fanning and showing signs of breeding behavior. Have has not responded while I have observed. My out of tap PH is around 7 even. I have almond leaves in the tank but have not resorted to RO water yet. This helps me a lot with my GH of around 120-150. My tank is quite thrown together from a $10 10 gal Craigslist find.. will update you later with additional spawning behavior if I catch it..

Erick

Attachments

• 061F3EBE-2325-4876-81F7-6F9C14B7CBC6.jpeg
    061F3EBE-2325-4876-81F7-6F9C14B7CBC6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 119
  • 5672E278-2B5B-4CC0-B93B-F8BC7C3D6EA0.jpeg
    5672E278-2B5B-4CC0-B93B-F8BC7C3D6EA0.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 127
I got mine from NJ but they died in 3 days . Gonna take my water to get tested tk see if it was my mistake but based off of my testing strips the water was pristine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….