• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apistogramma and water flow

walt

Hello everyone new to keeping apistogramma, I have a group of panduros. I always read apistogramma doesn't like water flow. I have a filter with adjustable flow rate. When I turn up the flow a little they seem to love it,does high flow inhibit breeding was wondering if that is reason for keeping flow low. Thanks walt

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Hello everyone new to keeping apistogramma, I have a group of panduros. I always read apistogramma doesn't like water flow. I have a filter with adjustable flow rate. When I turn up the flow a little they seem to love it,does high flow inhibit breeding was wondering if that is reason for keeping flow low. Thanks walt
I think flow is fine in tanks with plenty of structure and plants to create calmer areas. I usually put the caves (mainly 1/2 coconuts) in quieter areas amongst the plants and leaf litter.

cheers Darrel

rr16

5 Year Member
Out of interest, how big is your tank and how big is the group of A. panduro? How old are they and how are they getting along?

walt

Tank is 20 long I have 3males 2'females fish r wild caught also 6 cardinal tetras fish r young female s younger than males thanks walt

rr16

5 Year Member
How are they getting along? They can get quite aggressive towards each other, particularly when spawning. May not be an issue until they are older.
I forget, is a 20 long a 4ft/120cm tank? Would be interesting to see how they get on as it's probably big enough for two pairs of A. panduro with plenty of hiding spaces.

walt

20 long is 30 inches and they get along fine have 3 coconut shells set up in tank thanks again walt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldStype

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….