• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto with pelvicochromis

DigitalBoy

5 Year Member
How would a pair of apisto cacatuoides and a pair of pelvicochromis taenatis moliwe get along in a 25 gallon long aquarium? Does this make sense?

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
Some people are dead set against it. Others, like myself, are forced to keep them together. I don't have unlimitied tank space. So, I have mixed and matched Westies with SA's for the last couple years. I try to match them up by water requirements, size, and temperment. Then watch them closely for a few days to make sure things are going well. I have observed, in my tanks, that the Westies seem much less aggressive when protecting fry than some of the apistos. The Pelvs seem to mind their own business and watch the fry. If somebody gets to close, they drive them away. The apistos seem to be the opposite. They seem to do more chasing than tending fry. If their is another fish in the tank, they seem to hunt it down (Lots of plants and hiding places give the non-apistos a place to hide out). The main thing is observation tho. Keep an eye on them, and alway have a backup plan in case it doesn't work.
I currently have Pelv. t. "Mahone" in with some A. panduro. The panda's beat up on everyone I put with them. The Male mahone is huge. I think his size makes the pandas think twice before picking a fight.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….