• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apisto water requirements

zdam20

5 Year Member
Hi. I'm new to the forum and I've got some questions. I'm setting up a 125 gallon planted tank that I want to put some apisto's in. I may be interested in breeding later but for now I just want to be sure my fish will survive (preferably thrive). My tap water is about 10 dkh general hardness (german degrees of hardness) and about an 8 ph. I'll be adding co2 on a ph controller so the average value of ph will be lower but it will spike with water changes (maybe .5 ph). Can I have apisto's with my water or should I look for a different sp. of fish? Have a great day.

Evan

5 Year Member
Apistogramma cacatuoides should do well in that setting. I have kept them successfully in harder more alkaline water than what you have.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomek B.

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….