• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto Stocking

emoore

I have a 25 gallon heavily planted tank that I would like to add an apistogram to. I think I’ve settled on a Borelli but I’m not sure if I should get a pair or not. I’m not really interested in breeding and just want to keep the peace in the tank. Would I only add 1 male or could I add a couple of males or even a male Borelli and a different apisto male?

MacZ

Would I only add 1 male or could I add a couple of males or even a male Borelli and a different apisto male?
With A. borellii either stick to one single male or a group of three of the same species, IF the structure of the tank allows for that. Care to share a picture of the tank? If stocking males from one species always make sure it's an uneven number.
Otherwise they are too small to compete with bigger and more aggressive Apistogramma species. So with another soecies is not advisable.

emoore

1675615622880.jpeg

emoore

Photo of the tank. Pretty heavily planted, just trimmed a bunch yesterday. Would like to get either a trio of males or at least one male apisto.

MacZ

I hoped for a better overview, but I've I'm not mistaken it's a cube, right? Then stick to a single male and be done. If the tank was longer more might have been feasable but this is a clear case.

emoore

I hoped for a better overview, but I've I'm not mistaken it's a cube, right? Then stick to a single male and be done. If the tank was longer more might have been feasable but this is a clear case.
Yeah it’s close to a cube but a bit longer. 600mm x 400mm x 400mm.

emoore

hey mate how did you go with your tank? I have a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25 I am setting up now. would love to chat about how you set yours up!
My LFS had some McMasteri so I picked up one. He’s doing great in there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….