• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto. sp. "masken" weird female behavior????

canon8838

5 Year Member
Every night for the past week or two my male apisto has been flashing adn posing to the female, but she would usually hide, but this last night she has gotten very dark adn yellow, but it does not seem like she is gurding any clay pot. SHE IS ATTACKING THE MALE, and the male has to hide

what is going on here?

this is my first attempt to spawn apistos

canon8838

5 Year Member
i actually think she is guarding a certain cave, but she does not spend all of her time guarding it, she mostly chases all of the other fish away

Astrid

5 Year Member
My apisto female is behaving the same when she is guarding eggs and then fry. She is attacking every fish which comes too close, also when it is the male.

canon8838

5 Year Member
The problem is that i have another juvenile female in that 10g tank with them, i am going to move her but the only tanks i have open are african cichlid tanks and the ph is too high. If i set up a new tank it won't be cycled what should i do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….