• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto Cauc Fry Care and Housing

fuzztub

well i set up a tank earlier this year in may and have a male and female triple red and a orange flash female in it. they constantly are spawning (at least once a month) but prior to lately i have only had 2 survive. with the recent batch i set up a 10g tank and was able to remove 8 of the fry and they have been doing great for the last 3 weeks and are about 1/2" big now and eating BBS very well.

i redid my 60g tank about 2 weeks ago to house the babies when they got big enough with plants, co2, neon tetras, endlers, 1 bnp, 1 cory and a couple rainbow gobies. how big do i need the fry to get before i can move them to the 60g and not worry about being eaten or harassed?

i'm would like to try and remove the red fry here in a week or so after giving them some time with momma. i also do still have 2 small fry from the last batch in there that i didn't get out lol should i worry about putting in the new fry with the last batch at their size?

fuzztub

thanks mike! that's usually what i go by as well. debating on if i should put up another fry tank or if the 1/2" would be ok with the guppies, neons and endlers. i just worry that they won't they BBS with all the comp. i'll prob just get another tank going.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….