• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto Cacatuoides behaviour

Kristina Meade

I have had my apisto pair for a week, they are in a 20G well planted. The tank contains 6 cardinal tetra along with the pair. The apisto generally have ignored the tetras until this morning..now the male is constantly after them. The female is staying in the back corner of the tank under plants and driftwood where I can not see her and this seems to be her preferred area as when I see her this is where she comes from and returns to. She had been doing a lot of dancing and flashing as of late. Could they have eggs?

Kristina Meade

Thanks. I moved the cardinals to another tank, so the apisto pair have the tank to themselves other than the oto who is the tank cleaner that they don't seem to be bothering with. I was not expecting them to lay so quickly....lol.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
h1ns

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….