• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apisto cac hole in side help ?

peterclarke666

5 Year Member
hi all this started off with 1 scale that was missing and has devoloped alot into this in the past week i have treated with waterlife myxazin and hasnt healed up there is no fungus atal and im stumped as its just getting bigger and deeper

P1070008_zps40d26f2d.jpg

P1070010_zpsd41f79ca.jpg

P1070012_zps9642c8f7.jpg

P1070015_zps8e924fdb.jpg

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Does the edge of the wound looks bloody or it looks reddish in color? If so, it maybe a form of TB that causes open wound in fish. It can spread to human through a cut or breaks in the skin. Better take it out and destroy the fish. It is always a good practice to remove the fish to a hospital tank to administer treatment. I only know of Kanamycin with Vitamin B6 being effective against TB. Treatment period is usually 30 days regardless if the wound has healed up.

peterclarke666

5 Year Member
No there is no redness its just white around the edges but with no fungus ... But the hole in the centre of the wound looks to be getting deeper into the flesh .... I'd hate to loose him as is my prized show quality triple red that has red patterning on his pelvic fins

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….