• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto. baenschi (aka Inca/Inka)

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I don't remember such a funky brood care pattern on the mother of these fish. It's really really cool in person though!

A-baenschi-female-brood-fr.jpg
[/IMG]

A-baenschi-female-brood.jpg
[/IMG]

And a few shots of the dominant male:

A-baenschi-male-sifting.jpg
[/IMG]

A-baenschi-male-side.jpg
[/IMG]

and my personal favorite shot...

A-baenschi-male-headshot.jpg
[/IMG]

Jeff

beleg

5 Year Member
Hi Jeff

Beautiful pair.. Can you tell about the conditions in which they bred? I am planning to get a pair of two of those. Wonder if they can survive in my moderately hard water (pH 7 , KH 10) . I could use peat to reduce it a bit until i can afford a RO unit but that is still a couple of months away.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Thanks Beleg. The group of F1 fish are in a 36"x12"x12" tank-roughly 22 gallons. There are several seperate piles of stone and caves for them. The water conditions at breeding time are as follows:

pH 7.1
175ppm
3kH
temp 79F (26C)

I think the dominant female has eggs/fry again. Hopefully, as I didn't do so well with the last little ones I pulled out. Sorry drudnick, you'll have to wait a few extra weeks now.

My next trick will be learning how to upload higher quality images. I had to really lower the file size of these shots to get them onto photobucket and that is causing them to be very grainy. Any ideas/

Jeff

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….