• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another novice

Captain Jim

My name is Jim..I'm in Florida, USA. I bought a used tank with GB. rams and a pair of Bolivian rams. I see there is some activity in "Other South American Dwarves" about these fish, and will need some help keeping properly..I joined this forum some time ago to learn about apistos,but came to realization I may not be ready to indulge keeping them. My water wasn't too good, and I didn't feel comfortable without RO unit. About to purchase one, I found my water pressure not strong enough to run unit correctly..decided to go another direction instead of upgrading. So I went with angelfish. Now that I have happily come into these rams,..hope to recieve help. Wondering if I should go to another forum more directed at just rams. I agree to rules.

Linus_Cello

5 Year Member
Welcome! If you can keep angelfish, you can probably keep domestically bred cackatoo Apistos (A. cacautoides), and umbrella apistos (A. borelli). You can also use rain water instead of doing the RO water.

Captain Jim

Thanks Linus..I've been told A. Borelli would be ok in my water before and I like their looks..likely will get some if I don't go with Firemouth meeki.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….