• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Almond leaves

mematrix

5 Year Member
Hi all I just aquired 5 friggin huge almond leaves they turned up at a locale auction. My question is do I just put a whole leaf in the tank or break it up? These leaves 1 will cover my 5 gal tanks bottom or almost will lol. I am wanting to use them with my pertensis incas and nijsseni to see if I can get some productivity. Any recommendations on their use will be appreciated.

Curtis

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I just throw them in my tanks, but a whole leaf will certainly overwhelm a 5! You can use the any way that you want: whole, broken, ground into a coarse powder & placed in a filter bag. They all work the same way.

mematrix

5 Year Member
Re to post

:biggrin: Thanks Mike. I reserched and found dosage was 1 leaf to 50 liters. But wanted to see what my peers had to say about how to use them. Been having a lot of trouble getting my nijsseni spawn at all and pertensis to spawn the later eggs to freeswimming I get the incas and panduros to spawn with no prob. So figured I would try the almond leaves mainly on the nijssenii.

Curtis

retro_gk

5 Year Member
You don't need a whole lot of leaf for a 5 gallon tank. Unless you do water changes every few days, the water will quickly turn brown to the point where you won't be able to see anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apistokeeper

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….