• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aggressive female Macmasteri

Jordan

alright, so recently I have acquired a pair of Agassizii Alenquer and a pair of Macmasteri, I have put them into their own tanks and everything has been great for the past few weeks.
I fed my macmasteri a few hours ago and they were both fine, they have not shown any breeding behaviour as of yet, I just went downstairs to check on them and my male was hiding behind a piece of wood and is absolutely beaten up.
I have seperated him so he can recover.
My question is, would a female beat on a male without the need to protect eggs or fry? I have checked and can’t find eggs anywhere and she does not have any breeding dress on, nor have I ever seen her with it on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….