• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ACA - thanks to all who helped!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I just want to say thanks to all of you who helped me get to the ACA convention this year. Without you and the help of Francine B, Julio M. and all of the CCA I couldn't afford to go. I hope I didn't overwhelm everyone with my program ... and thanks Chris for the fish. They all made it back home and happily swimming in their new home.

JasonC

5 Year Member
And I would like to extend a huge thanks to you, Mike, for an excellent discussion. Way to represent a family of fish that I noticed was otherwise sorely represented amongst all the clamor the Lake Tang. camp was making. Your talk was one of a few things that really made my first ACA convention worth while!

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Great show. Thank you Mike for making it possible to include dwarf cichlids in this year's show.

gerald

5 Year Member
Bummed I couldn't go; it would have been my first ACA. Instead I got a nasty surprise on July 15: "incarcerated femoral hernia". Couldn't sit upright in a chair more than 10 min for a week after surgery.

However, we'd love to get a S.Amer or W.Afr speaker at our next Raleigh conference, Feb 17-19, 2012 if Mike or Ted or anybody else would be interested in speaking. And if you can get here by noon on Fri we'll even take you out to collect NC native fish & plants. Our local Elassoma and Enneacanthus are always big hits among dwarf cichlid fans.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I try to speak only 4 times per year. I have 1 or 2 more talks tentatively scheduled for this year. Right now I don't have anything scheduled for next year. Don't just look at Ted and me. There are other excellent DC people out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….