• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ACA 2011... and a challenge for 2012

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
ACA 2011 has come and gone. Dwarf cichlids were represented by Mike Wise, who gave a great talk on the genus Apistogramma. I will post some pictures of some of the dwarf cichlids in the show, and there were some nice ones, but the overall turn out of dwarfs was pretty low. Chris M. brought several to sell, but he was about it.

Any ideas of how we can change that in 2012? The convention will be held July 11-14, 2012, in Indianapolis, IN. Everyone mark there calendars. Let's start now to plan to be there. I am already talking with the host club (Circle City Aquarium) and lobbying for both SA dwarf and West African talks. Had we not sponsored Mike, neither topic would have been at the convention this year. (There were no West African talks at all.)

Speakers are relatively easy... what we really need to do is get the fish there. Both in the show and for sale. I will sponsor the Apistogramma and Chromidotilapine classes as I usually do, but I hope that we can not only get more entries next year... but make some headway on winning a division or even a Best in Show with a dwarf cichlid.

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Washington, DC was just too far away for us (18 hour drive, or the horrors of flying). Indy is more feasible (8 hour drive). Depending on the familial situation (baby on the way, and a 1 year old roaming the fish room), we are already making tentative plans to get to Indy. If we make it, hopefully we will have room to take some dwarfs to show and sell, and bring something new back...I just hope it's not another situation like our last vacation...see above. :)

Looking forward to seeing the dwarfs that were represented at ACA 2011.
Brian

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Babies, babies, babies...one of my excusses too! #3 due in the next 2-3 weeks. And that whole distance thing.

I'll be at Indy and plan to bring fish to sell (Westies and S.A. dwarfs will of course be high on the list). I don't know about showing fish again. I had fun with all the entries in Milwaukee but if I'm getting to Indy a few days ahead of the show room set up it might be tough to bring show fish and keep them looking good. (think Monster dovii again :) )

We need to start working on the speak(s) now though. Assuming the Indy group is open to the idea. Who's booking the speakers for them?

Jeff

arodg12

Indianapolis is only an hour from my house, I should be able to make this trip no problem, and can produce some fish to bring without a problem!

wethumbs

5 Year Member
And I was just thinking about skipping next year's ACA....guess I have to reconsider now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….