1. Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. rubrolineata?

Discussion in 'South American Cichlid Identification' started by finzz, Jan 15, 2018.

1. finzz

finzz New Member 5 Year Member

We collected these in the Madre de Dios region of Peru and they were identified as Apistogramma rubrolineata by the folks more familiar with the fish of the area. They've started to spawn and before I distribute any to other hobbyists I'd like to know for sure what they are.
    Thanks
    Don
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    dw1305 and MickeM like this.
  2. Ttw

Ttw Active Member 5 Year Member

Looks like the rubrolineata I collected.
  3. Bart Hazes

Bart Hazes Active Member

I'm breeding rubrolineata and the male looks like rubrolineata to me. Female as well though they have a more intense, but pale, yellow colour when guarding fry in my tanks. I would have to dig up some pictures to do a more direct comparison of lateral and tail base markings.
  4. finzz

finzz New Member 5 Year Member

Thank you for the replies. I feel better offering them up knowing more what they are.

Don
    Mbkemp likes this.