• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. nijsseni pics

tjnelson44

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the compliments. As for the eggs, I don't know if she moved them under the driftwood or ate them since the water chemistry was a little off and the eggs may not have been viable. They didn't give me a chance to alter the chemisty since they spawned not long after the male was added to the tank. I will have to wait and see what happened since this female has surprised me before. I will know for sure soon. I have thought that she ate the eggs in the past only to see fry later on. Another time I found fry in the tank and I never did see her guarding anything. Then again, I have seen her eat spawns before when the pH was a little high and the water was to hard.
Trevor

mooman

5 Year Member
TJ,

How did you take your pics, the sharpness and color saturation are great. Did you use slide film? Digital? What kind of post processing if any did you do? Lighting?

tjnelson44

5 Year Member
I used a kodak easy share dx 6490 digital camera. I just put it on the up close mode and shoot. I have not messed with any of the custom settings on the camera. For lighting I just turn the tank light on and use the flash on the camera. The colors actually looked better on these fish when I did not use the flash but the pics would come out blurry without it. I am very new to photography but my camera makes up for my lack of skill, its very easy to take good pictures with it. One thing that makes taking fish pics easier for me is the optical zoom on the camera, as long as it in the up close mode, I can sit about 4 feet back and zoom in instead of getting close to the glass and making the fish nervous.
trevor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….