• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. hognei/Zigzag tank and filter

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
First of all I don't know what the fish are, but they are smart looking fish, and then just a quick word of praise for Robert179b, (and all the posters on this forum), because along with the phenomenal knowledge available, this is what I really like about this forum.

I look at Robert1979b's tank, filter and fish, and I see healthy fish in a healthy tank with a healthy filter, he hasn't felt the need to have a cosmetic clean before taking the photo and no-ones made any judgemental comments, or told him to get a UV unit, use an algicide, black out his tank etc.

I just can't imagine this happening on any/many of the other fish keeping forums I belong to.

cheers Darrel

robert1979b

5 Year Member
Thanks for the comments. I prefer people to be impressed by the condition of the fish than how the tank looks. I feel that the fish benifit from the detritus in the sand and there is always something to eat in the beard algea.

I also run two high tech planted tanks but they don't really give me as much joy as the breeding tanks.

Rob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….